Moving an office-regardless of its size-is costly and requires a significant amount of pre-planning. As important as it is to properly pack equipment, furniture, records, and other items, it’s just as vital to hire a reputable office mover to ensure everything is securely transferred to the new location. Selecting the wrong office mover can pave the way for liability risks, lost and stolen information, and even business closures.
Mini-storage services are a growing trend in office moving. These companies place office items in their mini-storage facilities and claim that business owners will save on costs associated with traditional moving and storage. But businesses should beware. A mini-storage company does not have the same insurance protection as a professional office mover. Furthermore, mini-storage services can auction a company’s items if it does not pay its bills on time-and it’s legal for them to do so.
Needless to say, mini-storage office movers are some of the more unprofessional services available. Since they’re not held to the same codes as traditional movers or storage facilities, an organization can expect to risk thousands of dollars and open the door to lawsuits in the future. Movers Fujairah Most mini-storage services exhibit warning signs that they aren’t a trustworthy office mover, including:
• Using rental trucks rather than company-owned vehicles
• Not being registered with the Better Business Bureau
• Using cellular phones rather than landlines to conduct business
• Using P.O. boxes rather than physical addresses
• Having bad customer reviews or ratings online
Mini-storage companies are notorious for setting up shop and then bolting unexpectedly. Even after lawsuits they are known to pop-up under different names and business licenses. They use exceptionally low prices to reel in their customers, which should be a clear warning sign to businesses looking to hire an office mover.
Selecting a Reputable Office Mover
There are office movers available who care about their customers and reputation. They don’t lowball bids and prices just to attract business. Instead, they focus on their reputation for providing exemplary service to attract new customers. When searching for a trustworthy office mover, look for companies that:
• Offer competitive, reasonable bids. Estimates should have line items with specific cost details.
• Come to your place of business, survey your office, and provide you with an accurate quote based on what is seen. Don’t hire an office mover that provides quotes over the phone based simply on your square footage.
• Perform background checks on all of their employees, including temporary or part-time workers. You may be surprised by the number of companies that don’t do background checks only to find out later that they hired a convicted criminal.
• Have insurance, licensing, and bonding.
• Are registered with the Better Business Bureau and have positive feedback and reviews online.
• Use branded company vehicles and storage facilities.
• Have a landline, physical address, and references from past customers.
Reputable office movers reduce your company’s risk of liability. Movers Umm Al Quwain These companies are insured and can absorb liability issues if important records or office furniture become damaged during the move. Although they are rare, hiring a hybrid office mover and records management company is the best way to approach any. These companies offer the latest technology and secure transfer techniques that are in compliance with state and federal regulations. This ensures that your company’s mission critical information and customer data is protected, and reduces your litigation risks and liabilities when you are moving your office.